[Bards] Steppes Bardic not coming

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Thu Apr 26 22:08:56 PDT 2007

I'm sorry to hear that, Your Grace.
  In fact, one the primary reasons the competition was being handled in
this fashion was because a number of folks said they could not stay for
the Sunday night Bardic. As for the time of day, I figured that the
finalist rounds on Saturday evening would be an excellent start to a
rousing bardic circle without the pressure of competition, a chance for
folks to bring out some old favorites and newer performers to stretch
their wings in the presence of the more established bards of the
Kingdom.

Like most performers, I prefer the dark. Dark/Black is my SCA last
name, literally. I'm the guy who teaches "To Tell a Tale of Terror",
after all. However, I'm also aware that this Steppes has a very full
schedule and that the new baroness wishes to hear each bard's
contribution. She had to consider her schedule while trying to honor
the art of bardcraft and those who would try for her title.
This compromise gives us a night time circle on the night most folks
can attend. The competition itself may be split, but the evening bardic
circle is still on the schedule.

~Finnacan Dub