[Bards] Not going to Tor or 12th night

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Sun Dec 2 15:05:32 PST 2007

I plan to be at Kragenworth Keep as long as I can control myself and be a positive force. The sorrow I feel about being driven out of my local group is very hard to contain. I have been advised to drop out of the SCA if I cannot control myself. Many of you know I can project emotions very strongly and I would hate to project this on my friends.

The disregard I received on these issues has caused me to lose my faith in my Crown. I feel that the Crown has broken faith with me as a noble and a peer. The first rule of feudal obligation is that the Crown will keep you "as you are". That means that the rights and privileges of your honors will be respected. The Crown has disrespected me by placing a baronial award above other baronial awards, Kingdom awards and Peerage. The Crown's voice, the Baron and Baroness of Elfsea have refused my petition that they consider individuals that have equivalent awards "be considered on an one to one bases". His Majesty refused to listen to my complete petition and when I asked Her Majesty to hear me she sent a message with an underling that "she was much too busy". I am still waiting for an audience.

I love Ansteorra and I have always supported the Crown. I feel that my feudal rights have been taken away. As an individual I have taken my feudal obligation very seriously. I autocrated an event a year for many years. When I couldn't do that I organize activities. I have provides decorations for many events. I have given many prizes away and I given largess to support individuals as a good noble and peer should do. I have traveled many many miles to advise my Crown. Yes, I have been treated with respect in the past, but now I am told that my ideas are "old fashioned" and I do not understand traditions. The Crown by not doing anything is supporting these concepts and is degrading me. It seems that most people do not give honor to people to maintain their feudal obligations.

I am at a lost as what to do. I must admit that as a Bard the first thought was satire. I have been writing some pretty rough poetry recently. I am afraid that might do harm to the bardic community. I have worked too hard for the Bardic Community to cause it problems.

Honor says that I cannot live with this disgrace. I am ashamed to show my face.
Willow de Wisp