[Bards] Cadgwydd Anthem was: Eisteddfod as a standalone event

Peter Schorn peterschorn at pdq.net
Mon Dec 17 18:49:04 PST 2007

>------------------------------
>Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 15:26:13 -0600
>From: Cynthia Rogers <wolfpaws at mac.com>
>Subject: Re: [Bards] Eisteddfod as a stand alone event -- was
>	Apologies
>

>In Southeastern Oklahoma there is a site that the (now defunct)
>Gnomen Valers used. It had cabins, hot showers, etc. It's at Robber's
>Cave. (They have group camps that can be rented for private events
>like this.)
>
>Best,
>------------------------------

"Come fill up your glasses and let us be merry
For to rob bags of plunder it is our intent,
As we roam through the valleys
Where the lilies and the roses
And the beauty-of-Kashmir lay drooping his head.
Then away,
Then away,
Then away...
To the caves in yonder mountains where the robbers retreat..."

That's on one of Steeleye Span's albums can't remember which.

I've been to that park twice and it's awesomely lovely.  Remember it's a
public park, and it's quite popular, but I could see holding an event there.

--Cadfan