[Bards] Apologies

gail young gwynethb63 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 17 06:29:37 PST 2007

These are WONDERFUL ideas.  IMHO...being as I'm not a bard or anything<G>...the bardic community right now has an assortment of just the right kind of people to get something like this done.  I particularly think that making it a camping event is a perfect way to make it special.
  Now, for a site and a date and an autocrat...LOL....I'm excited..let's go!
  gwyneth

Alden Drake <alden_drake at sbcglobal.net> wrote:.

Pageantry - Start things off with a procession of heraldry and regalia,
introducing the competitors. Many hold branch championships - play them
up. Get the branches behind the bards they sponsor.

Specialty Competitions - In addition to Kingdom Champion, give smaller
side prizes for things like a) best of the round, b) best poem, song,
story, interpretive dance, c) best use of a side theme, d) best
documentation.

Performance Honors- "The Bardy's" - like the Grammy's. Create
categories of awards and have nominations and voting, then have a little
awards show to recognize bards for what they've done throughout the
year. I could add something for this on the webpage.

Make Eisteddfod a camping event - Move it to the Spring/Fall and make it
a camping event. Hold the competition at night with a roaring fire,
afterward, have a huge bardic circle and plenty of libations - camping
means the party doesn't have to stop because we have to be out of the
hall by a specific time.

Classes - We haven't had an Ansteorran Bardic Collegium in the past two
years. Maybe add some classes in the morning before the competition.

A killer feast - Get the cooking artisans on board to show off their
talents. If Eisteddfod is a smaller event, it might encourage some
cooks to do some really good stuff, that might not be as easy to do for
a larger feast.

Cheers,
Alden