[Bards] Fwd: Bardic and Performance at Gulf Wars

Kathy Elliott bardkat at houston.rr.com
Sun Feb 25 18:42:41 PST 2007

done

-Kat

-----Original Message-----
From: bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org
[mailto:bards-bounces at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of John Hirling
Sent: Sunday, February 25, 2007 6:42 AM
To: Ansteorran Bardic list
Subject: Re: [Bards] Fwd: Bardic and Performance at Gulf Wars

No.  But that's a GREAT idea.  Alden? . . .Kat?
~i

On 2/24/07, Melody Soice <melodysoice at hotmail.com > wrote:

Hi Ihon.

Did you ask Alden or Kat to forward this to the Pennsic Bardic List?  -
Melody

Ansteorra <moas at ansteorra.org>,
<mailto:asmin at atenveldt.com> >, Atlantia <
<moas at drachenwald.sca.org>, Ealdormere
<mailto:arts_sciences at meridies.org> arts_sciences at meridies.org>, Middle
> [...]
>  <mailto:aands at westkingdom.org> aands at westkingdom.org>, Æthelmearc
<ans at aethelmearc.org>

>To the Ministers of Arts & Sciences throughout the Know World
>>From Ihon Vinson macFergus, OL, Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences for
>Bardic and Performance, Ansteorra
>Grace to you and peace
>
>I hope to schedule a day of performance at Gulf Wars to coincide with an
>Open
>A&S Faire hosted by Meridies & Gleann Abhann.  Below, is a missive about
>that endeavor as well as other performance opportunities during the week.
>Would you please forward this to any of your kingdom lists where it might
>find those interested in participating?  Your help is greatly appreciated.
>~ihon
>
>--
>
>Greetings and felicitations to the Know World Bards, Minstrels,
>Troubadours,
>Jongleurs and Performers of any ilk from Ihon Vinson macFergus, who braves
>count himself one of your company.
>

>Gulf Wars is but three weeks hence.  Much to the dismay of some,
>performance
>has no formal competition or scheduled meet during the week.  I write to
>inform you of two standing opportunities (in addition to impromptu fire
>walks and circle) and especially to invite you to participate in a new
>opportunity.
>

>Last year, the Green Dragon Tavern sought musicians to play for the evening
>revels Tuesday through Saturday evenings.  I *assume* the Dragon will
>repeat
>that opportunity this year though I have seen no solicitation.  In
>addition,
>on Thursday evening, HL Gerald of Leesville and Lord Madog of Gastonbury
>have hosted a Bards and Brew at the Ansteorran Royal Pavilion.  His
>Lordship
>assures me at the very least the Bardic will take place
>

>I invite you to perform  at the Open A&S Faire, Thursday, at Bede Hall,
>from
>10:00 am - 4:00 pm, hosted by Meridies & Gleann Abhann and offer to set up,

>publish and advertise a schedule of performances.  If you are interested,
>please contact me at jhirling at gmail.com with
>your persona name,
>the type and name of piece, and
>and the time you need.
>

>If you have a preference on when you would like to perform, I will try, but
>cannot promise, to honor your request.  I recommend limiting any one piece
>to 10 minutes or less.  If you desire to perform more than one piece, I
>will
>try to accommodate that as time permits.
>

>My hope is that we can fill the air with song, verse, and other performance

>to liven the spirits of all.
>

>Yours in service,
>
>Ihon Vinson macFergus, OL
>
>Deputy Minister of Arts & Sciences for Bardic and Performance, Ansteorra

Rev. John F. Hirling
Interim Pastor
First Presbyterian Church
Angleton, TX 77515