[Bards] Performing in court

Beth Wolff wolffsrun at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 23 07:44:24 PST 2007

muriel at entelesoft.com wrote:    I've had the pleasure of hearing this lady more than once..........and a pleasure it always is. Yes, she made me cry, and I count this as a mark of a certain kind of mastery. It is easier to make folks laugh than cry. Cat, you are a special bard......

  And I still am having trouble dealing with the idea that I am anything other than a common bard who gets the priveledge of being able to perform with the "big bards" as Tiggy would call them. I'm still not sure that I am a "big bard".  But thanks to those such as Finnacan, Darius, Robin, and Willow for letting me play in your sandbox!

  Humbly,
  Elanor

Many of you who answered Catrin are well known in the Kingdom as bards. You
have both reputation and an air of, um, something, which aids you in getting
the crowd's attention. I imagine this crowd saw Catrin as "Swan's lady,
she's one of us" instead of "Skald of Skorragardr, able to hold her own with
present and former Bards of Ansteorra, who made HL Elanor cry at Eisteddfod"
A prophet in his own town, etc.

Do any of you remember when you went from being, "I didn't know he was a
bard" to "oh cool, he's going to perform!"?

-Muriel
Baroness of Namron