[Bards] Kingdom A&S

Genie Barrett ladymaggie at justinanimator.com
Tue Feb 13 07:32:56 PST 2007

At 05:39 AM 2/13/2007, you wrote:
>I'd love for someone who was at the event and saw the bardic to post
>about the performances.  Finnican?  I'm not sure if Modius is on
>this list.  Mea, I know you don't want to toot your own horn<G>but
>can you tell everyone about the other performances?
>gwyneth

I was there.  I was the first performer.  Try, if you can, to imagine...

First, Chinese poetry (Me)
Second, an Elizabethan ballad about Daedalus and Icharus with 7 verses (Lucia)
Third, an Italian Ballad, sung in Italian (Mea)
Fourth, a "Santa Maria" sung to the accompaniment of two harps and a
flute. (Baroness Rhiannon and friends--sorry don't know names)

It is a good thing that A&S does not judge performances between each
other, but only against itself, for there is no comparison between
these very different performances.

I got a medallion for a score over 40 (42) out of 50 and was not high
enough to be in the top 13.  Most definitely a very loud VIVAT to
those who are representing us at Gulf Wars.  The competition was
fierce and these gentles sailed through beautifully.

Maggie
Elfsea Bard