[Bards] jesters

angelinblackink angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 3 21:12:41 PDT 2007

Here's the beginnings of a story I'm forming about my persona and how she came to be the way she is:

  There once was a young You Xue who sought to serve he befuddled lord in his daily routine in accordance to what was expected of her.  He lord, you see, had fallen upon the belief that the lack of anything to quarrel over would bring peace unto his lands.  He took from his people, everything that they did not need so that they wouldn’t find reason to covet and thus no reason to fight amongst themselves.  The people were very unhappy of course and they thought to overthrow the foolish lord.

  You Xue then, seeing that something should be done, took her deceased father’s ship with new crew and began to take everything that the lord had taken and then everything that he had as well  The lord fought her crew face on one day and, meeting her in battle cried out, “Why have you betrayed me so?”

  At that point, You Xue stopped and bowed unto her lord with a smile, “Answer me a question, My Lord, and I shall reveal the truth you seek.  Why do you fight me now?”

  The lord was astounded and answered immediately, “Why, you have taken all of my things!”  At that point, the lord stopped, realising what he ha done, and called off his attack.  This is how some people have come to see You Xue Xianxian as a pirate.

  I am honoured by your gracious offer to be host to me as a court jester, Your Grace.  Please know that it is something that requires great consideration on both parts.  While a ‘hired’ You can be held responsible for their actions, one who is appointed by a Lord or Lady is not so much held to the same.  The things that a You does and says are often insulting and can result in aggravation that can then be attached to a particular court or person.    Even knowing this, many You have had no need for worry about the result of their actions though; attached to a lord or not.  Not to mention tat a You often aims for the heart of the person or persons who are their patrons!  I felt the need to warn you of such and give you time to reconsider should you wish to maintain face in the matter.

  Xie xie,
  You Xue Xianxian

          "A fool judges people by the presents they give him. "
  -Chinese Proverb
  You Xue Xianxian