[Bards] Sorry to ask

Michael Silverhands silverhands at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 25 21:45:01 PDT 2007

On Jul 25, 2007, at 11:06 PM, Marlin and Amanda Stout wrote:

> Amber Cook wrote:
>
>> My dragon needs to go to a forin doctor I thought that maybe
>> somone who
>> reads this might know of a reasonabley priced trust worthy doc of
>> foren
>> dragons
>> the things I need to fix are as fallows
>>
>> Basic tune up -
>> raidiator leak needs to be found and fixed
>> transmition is sluggish
>>

> Look on the AAA Texas web site, they have a link for their recommended
> repair shops. If the shop is recognized by AAA they will be competent
> and won't rip you off. Which is not to say that the work won't cost a
> few $$, just that what you get will likely be worth the cost.
>
> And the radiator leak might not be fixable, it depends on where the
> leak
> is. I had a Subaru that spent most of it's life on the Carolina coast
> and the salt and humidity corroded the radiator. I ended up having to
> get it replaced, it was irreparable. A good auto tech should be
> able to
> tell you if yours can be patched or not as part of the diagnostic
> work.
> If he doesn't address the question, ask. If he dodges, go somewhere
> else.
>
> Charles,
> BG

Amber, another thing to consider is that radiators have changed since
some of us were young. It used to be that radiators were all metal,
and could be repaired (soldered/welded) if they had a leak. Now they
have a plastic core as often as not, and cannot be repaired; just
replaced. Just something to be aware of; fore-warned is fore-armed.

Also, the tune-up shouldn't be any big deal; any tune-up shop should
be able to handle it. But the transmission...? That is something you
only want a competent, fair mechanic to touch. Charles gives good
advice on how to find one, assuming that you don't get a personal
recommendation from someone.

Where do you live (what city)?

Kind regards,
Michael