[Bards] Song Books

Genie Barrett ladymaggie at justinanimator.com
Tue Jun 5 10:50:46 PDT 2007

At 12:32 PM 6/5/2007, you wrote:
>Amen Padraig!  Filk is the especially pernicious liability here.  While it
>is true that you may be able to write new words to some existing tune and
>post those new words on line saying "sung to the tune of..."  It is another
>thing entirely to post the tune itself.  That is a copyright infringement.
>Additionally, any filk that changes only a few words, leaving a majority of
>the original words (like most modern filks), cannot even have the lyrics
>legally posted because that is called "plagiarism."
>
>Kenneth

Hmmm...

I guess I have a bit of work cut out for myself, then.  Everything is
sung by Baroness Maggie, and I know of several copies already.

Must find out who wrote all these songs, find out which are public
domain, and maybe get permission from a few authors.

Thanks,
Maggie
Who's husband lives by the copyright laws and would never cut into his paycheck