[Bards] Ansteorran History and trival

Cynthia Rogers wolfpaws at mac.com
Mon Jun 11 15:35:57 PDT 2007

Thank you for that bit of history.
I know that, "Vivat Rex,"  means "The King lives."
Kind of a version of "Long live the king," I suppose.  But I had no
idea where it came from.

And indeed, saying it the way we do, to mean Yippee, is a little odd,
since yelling, "Vivat" means, "He lives!" :-)

I have to admit, I've no idea what people in crowds yelled in the
Middle Ages, but it would make a good topic for a class wouldn't it?

Very best,
Rhiannon