[Bards] Ansteorran History and trival

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 11 16:25:03 PDT 2007

To the best of my knowledge, "vivat" is incorrect.  Vivo, vivere, vixi, victum (live) looks to me like a third conjugation verb, with the present stem vive-.  So "he/she/it lives" would be vivet, not vivat.  Were that we were shouting "Vivet!", as "It lives", it could be in reference to "The dream of the SCA", which I find rather fitting, as anyone getting an award, or otherwise recognized or honored, is generally doing so for living the dream, and so we recognize the dream lives in that person.

Alden