[Bards] A mildly amusing thought on bowing courtesies.

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Wed Jun 27 07:43:20 PDT 2007

Svetlana asked:

> ... So I am forced to wonder, are
> there 'no bow' zones to prevent traffic jams and poor broken-kneed
> (backed... legged...) newbies at major events with multiple people
> with their shiney things on thier heads instead of their collars?

Officially?  No.  But our crowns and nobles are not fools; they understand
real life.

Once, many years ago, a woman staggered into the fire ring struggling with
an enormous pot, which contained the stew for that night's feast.  Around
the ring were the King and Queen of Atenveldt, the Prince and Princess of
Ansteorra, the Baron of Stargate, and various peers.  She yelled out, "Get
out of the way.  I outrank all of you -- I'm the cook."

They moved.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin