[Bards] Song Books

Cynthia Rogers wolfpaws at mac.com
Tue Jun 5 10:44:08 PDT 2007

Sigh. It is a feature of the modern world alright that you have to
obtain permission from the record company who holds the copyright.
Most of the companies have an online form for you to request
permission. I have only had spotty luck with this for the Redwulf
Songbook, but it does sometimes work.

I don't sell anything for profit and the whole thing is non-profit
and amateur. So, if they would deign to answer me, they would say
that distributing my songbook is okay. (The ones that have answered
do say that.) But I'm such a small fish, that many of them don't
deign to reply despite repeated forms being sent. In those cases, I
file a copy of my request and the date, and note that the company
never got back to me.  Mostly though, I've pruned out pieces that
violate copyright that I can't get rights to reproduce.

Best,
Rhiannon