[Bards] Modern Day Minstrels

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 14:05:08 PDT 2007

In this particular case, Your Grace, I believe it's the wig.

  And the tights.

  And the flippy floppy boots.

  But mostly the panty hose.

  Esther

"willowjonbardc at juno.com" <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:
  Padraig...

this is willow and I have a question to you and your fellow
minstrels. What makes a minstrel different from a Bard, or Skald or a
senehaie?? I am asking this question to show people that
the "bardic" community is actually full of people with different
viewpoint and it is OK to have a different concept. I am trying to
stress the "SCA Bard" can actually cover many different things.

If any of you think of yourself as a Bard or a Scop or a Skald and
you have definite ideas of what this is please describe it.

I am a Scottish Senechie. It is my job to 1 entertain, 2. keep the
history alive. 3 Keep people informed as to what is happening--a news
reporter 4. Share the wisdom of the age. 5 teach
willow