[Bards] "Vivat Ghastly Malapropism!"

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 21:22:10 PDT 2007

Your Grace,
  Saying Vivat King mixes Latin and English which is one
weirdness.....sorry, this is the bards list, not the heralds list :-P.  It
just gets into using two different languages (ie Long Live Sultan or Vivat
Konig.)  That, in my understanding, would not have been done.  Now, if the
noble/royal hosting Court wishes their Court to be closed that way, by all
means, do what the presiding noble/royal wishes, but I'm sticking to my
previous statement that saying Vivat King would be (to steal a heraldic
term) a weirdness.

Brian