[Bards] Competitions

Ken Theriot kentheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Tue May 1 11:52:08 PDT 2007

< Everywhere I go the competitions are tight, closed up things run as fast
as they can in the smallest place they can find.
The populace couldn't watch them if the wanted to. They are usually stuck
between other activities at times were everyone is rushed or you haven't had
time to have your coffee.>

This past November I was charged with running the competition for Titled
Bard of Bordermarch, since I held the title the previous year.  First I
should give a huge thanks to Baroness Amberlea for doing much of the prep
work "on ground" prior to the event.  Anyway, we held the competition at
around 3:30 in the amphitheatre for all to see/hear!  It was after the
fighting and before feast.  Not only was there a huge turnout (18
competitors I think), but there were plenty of folks there just to listen.
Amberlea, Adelaide, and I sat in front and judged.  I thought it worked out
very well.  If there was one problem, it was that there were TOO MANY BARDS.
I'll take that problem any day!

Kenneth