[Bards] What can we do to make things better

Ken Theriot kentheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Tue May 1 17:24:13 PDT 2007

< I was wondering if Bjornsborg has a reputation of having a vital
performing community. Do you have many "bad" bards in your group?>

I believe we do have a vital performing community.  From our Baroness
(Mistress Radegund) to the newest members, we have many performers.  I know
of no "bad" bards in the group.  Those who are tone deaf know it, and prefer
to stick to spoken pieces.  But we have an amazing number of singers.  This
past Bardic Night we had 9 performers, 7 of whom were singers!

<Do you think your education and model have helped people not be "bad"
bards?>

Yes I do.  We may have been lucky in that those who don't sing, don't try:).
But they are never left out!  Like I said, we have a basket of books that we
pass around for those who want to perform spoken pieces.  Everyone who wants
to perform gets to.  Period.

Kenneth