[Bards] Congratulations Finnacan!!!!!!

Gerald Norris jerryn at houston.rr.com
Mon May 7 06:15:32 PDT 2007

Speaking of first time meetings, my first scarring impres.....

The first time I met Finnacan was at a Stargate Yule Revel, back when
Eistedfodd floated.  Katrina of Coventry had tricked me into joining in on
the Eistedfodd.  I had a four song repertoire, one of them was 'The Ball of
Kerrimuir'.  Finnacan was titled bard of Ansteorra at the time and one of
the judges.  At this particular moment in my then-young "career" in the SCA,
I didn't really know what I wanted to do ... but after that competition I
knew.  I badgered Finn's ear for about thrity minutes as he was packing up,
trying to get on the road home, and he patiently waited and listened and
talked.  It would be years thence before I'd actually hear him perform,

Always, Finnacan has been an inspiration, mostly from the memory of that one
night, when a fellow made the decision to be a performer and was encouraged
by another.

gerald.

  _____