[Bards] Situations That Ruin Bardic Circles

Della H elf_kind1980 at yahoo.com
Mon May 7 18:17:50 PDT 2007

Okay,
I've been quiet long enough.
First of all, being an aspiring music teacher in real life, I do not under ANY circumstances believe there to be a "bad" bard.  There are people that do need guidance, and when they ask where to find it they will find places such as Craggenworth and the like.  Second, in regards to what should "done" about said "bad" bards.  It is my humble opinion that either you take the time to walk away and get your drink, endure the 3-5 minutes that person is up there, or POLITELY talk to them AFTER their performance.  If they aren't receptive, then they aren't receptive to the way that they were offered criticism and you should try a different approach.  It is NEVER, NEVER, NEVER okay to interrupt someone as Quill suggests.  We as good bards should be setting the example of good behavior and courtesy that we all expect in return.  Robert said it best (paraphrasing): That bardic circles are meant to be fun, and while a bad bard is not fun, neither is hurting someones feelings.  I was
 under the impression that courtesy was a valued virtue in Ansteorra.

That would be my humble opinion.  Thanks for hearing me out.

Della