[Bards] Red-headed step children

Ken Theriot kentheriot at ravenboymusic.com
Tue May 8 11:33:02 PDT 2007

Ivo,

It was not your comment I was referring to.  It was:

<I do not under ANY circumstances believe there to be a "bad" bard.">

My comment came off sounding more snarky than I meant it.  I was just trying
to point out that our definition of bad bards included rude bards.  I
honestly don't think that is what Della meant.  I think she was just
referring to folks who may not, at a certain point in time, be possessed of
as much experience and/or talent as others, which, as I think we have all
agreed, can be improved by gentle and courteous guidance.  I found your
statement that attack bards (and other bad-behaving bards) had caused the
"red-headed" step children perception to be ironic when compared to Della's
statement that there are no bad bards, even though bards are considered
"red-headed step children."  Sorry for any confusion.

Kenneth