[Bards] New to me and useful?

shark shark75080 at sbcglobal.net
Tue May 29 11:59:05 PDT 2007

Hi all,
I tried something last night that might be really useful. If this has been discussed previously (before I joined the list) then I apologize in advance!

Anyway, I'm an online gamer and I use a headset with a mic to chat with folks I'm gaming with. So I got this idea to sing my bard songs and recite my poems using the headset and record them with the built-in Microsoft sound recorder. This worked, but I wanted a more sophisticated recording tool that would do a longer recording. I found something called Krystal Audio Engine http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/
It's free for downloading if you only use it for personal, non-business stuff. They have a nice forum to search for answers to your questions, etc.

With this I was able to wear my headset and record myself singing one of my bardic songs. Then I saved it in Aiff format and used iTunes (you could use another music program) to convert to mp3. Once this is done, you can fire up iTunes or Windows Media Player and listen to yourself singing or reciting on your PC speakers. You can even use Krystal to mimic a small room, medium, or large size hall.

It helped me hear that my low notes, even though they sounded weak to me, sounded okay on the recording.

This may help me troubleshoot my stuff a bit and either keep me from performing, or improve my confidence, haven't decided yet :p

Susanna Nightegale de Caldwell - aka Susanne of Steppes