[Bards] On a completely other note....

Cynthia Rogers wolfpaws at mac.com
Wed May 2 14:14:01 PDT 2007

I'm working on a paper (this is the middle of finals week)  and have
inter-library loaned copious numbers of books. Sometimes I "miss" and
get something I didn't intend to order.  Hence the following.

 From a book of household accounts that have some kind of reference
to performers in them, I found this:

Ingram of Temple Newsam Steward's Account
January 1, 1641

Item to my master=	1 pound, 0 shilling, 0 pence
Item to a company of fiddlers=	0 pound, 1 shilling, 0 pence
Item to a woman for helping to washe=	0 pound, 12 shillings, 0 pence
Item for 9: yeards of cloath for housinge cloathes= 0 pounds, 9
shillings, 0 pence

Ouch! That hurts!  The company of fiddlers got less than the woman
who was hired in to help with the extra washing (for I assume the
holidays.)

Best,
Rhiannon