[Bards] Differing Styles

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 3 12:26:34 PDT 2007

Brian O'hUilliam wrote:
> Gwen's question about "differing styles" leads me to ask:  What are
> your opinions on requiring differing styles?  I personally like it
> because it shows diversity, but your take on the matter may vary.
I'm a big proponent of requiring multiple styles in a competition.  I
think versatility is a good thing for bards.  I'm also in favor of
requiring original compositions in competitions - because I'm evil like
that. :)

However, our current performance judging sheets do not really judge the
composition of a piece, so I encourage anyone who writes songs, poems,
stories, etc., to enter them into static A&S and get them critiqued in
that venue.  And you can get really involved with documentation for a
composition entry in static A&S.

Alden