[Bards] tbtl bardic

Kathy Elliott bardkat at comcast.net
Thu Oct 4 07:45:12 PDT 2007

Thank you, Gerald, for expressing my opinions so well!

I believe that a titled bard should have the ability to entertain in almost
any situation that group requires.  From the household campfire, to the
canton feast, to the shire newcomer revel, to the baronial pavilion, to the
kingdom court, and beyond - a titled bard should have a diverse repertoire
from which to select an appropriate performance for his/her group.  (Or, the
ability that I'm so jealous of - to compose something fitting on the spot!)

The standard song/story/poem and sometimes drama/dance/juggling format is, I
think, an attempt to achieve that diversity.  But there are better ways.

Yes, Robin, I have seen the light!

So, we're bards right?  Let's get creative!

Kat

(Who realizes how easy that is to say, now that the competition I was in
charge of is over!)