[Bards] New Loch Bard

Brian O'hUilliam brianoftheloch at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 07:57:01 PDT 2007

   Thank you HL Alden.  I would like to thank you for coordinating the
bardic and just say how impressed I was that the audience outnumbered the
competitors greatly.  It is so often that you see bardic competitions where
the competitors and judges are the only ones in attendance.  I think it was
mostly due to the fact that bardic was the only scheduled activity at the
time (besides the dance competition that was cancelled).  Also, it was in a
shaded area accessible to everyone.  I have seen several competitions (and
read about them on this list) where bardic was pushed off into a small
room.  If you are coordinating a bardic competition and have any say in when
& where it is, please make it when there are few activities going on and in
an area accessible to everyone.
   Also, I would like to remind everyone that in less two weeks time,
Seawinds will choose their new Bardic Defender.  There are two pieces
required, preferably of differing styles, but it is not required.  No
documentation is required.  The competition will be during feast and the
winner will be determined by popular vote.  So come to Seawinds Defender and
compete on October 27th.

In Service,
Brian
Bard of the Loch