[Bards] [Ansteorra] Kingdom Eisteddfod

Scott Barrett barrett1 at cox.net
Mon Oct 15 17:48:05 PDT 2007

On Monday, October 15, 2007, at 04:42 PM, Alden Drake wrote:

> Another question for you, Master Finnacan - Is the winner, chosen from
> among the final three, to be decided based on the final round only, or
> will the results of the finalists' first two rounds contribute to the
> decision?
>
> Cheers,
> Alden

Well, the first two rounds obviously determine who gets to be a
finalist, BUT...

The entire competition will be discussed in depth by the judges before
the New Kingdom Bard is decided, all three pieces. I am looking for a
strong performer with good adaptability, and my judges will have the
same stance. Frankly, those final rounds are usually so close to call
that you HAVE to consider the other rounds in your decision.

There will be no ties. I'll have thumb-wrestling or rock-paper-scissors
before I allow that.

  Also, no judge will be allowed who has not witnessed the entire
competition. The only way that would happen is if I get trumped by
Royal Declaration. Should Their Majesties or Their Highnesses wish to
be directly involved in the judging (which I doubt, but ya never know),
I will strive to make sure They are a part of the entire process, if I
can.
Should the worst happen and I find I cannot make it until late in the
day due to an accident or mishap, I will trust the judges who have seen
to the competition and will stand by their choice with no input of my
own.

~Finnacan