[Bards] hello, Bards!

zubeydah at northkeep.org zubeydah at northkeep.org
Mon Oct 29 08:25:02 PDT 2007

Howdy, Bards!

At the suggestion of Duchess Willow at Samhain yesterday, I've joined the list,
to ask about a project near and dear to my heart...

I've been collecting stories at the last couple events I've attended, utilizing
a little digital recorder. I've also been recording courts and songs and
musicians.

Duchess Willow mentioned that this was a project that a variety of folks in the
Bardic community were also thinking about / already undertaking. I skimmed the
last few months worth of posts, but didn't see anything with a thread title
directly related to this idea.

So my questions are these:

- What file format are folks using?
- Is there a central repository organized for such files?
- I'm planning on also transcribing the stories, so that those who are deaf can
still enjoy them, and to also help out those with small bandwidth (reading
a .txt file being easier to handle than downloading a .wav) Are others doing
this as well?
- is this a Bardic Group Project, or is this an 'individual' project? If a
Group project, who is the lead person?

Thank you,

Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
archivish HBI nerd