[Bards] hello, Bards!

Robert Fitzmorgan fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 12:59:25 PDT 2007

    I don't recall much discussion online about this but some of us have
been talking about something like this among ourselves.
   I don't know if anyone is actually making recordings yet other than you.
I would think that MP3 would be the best format for the audio files.  Since
the source is mono you could use a pretty high compression rate and still
have acceptable quality.
   I think it would be great if several people were recording stories of our
history and sending them to a central location.  So far as I know no such
central repository has been setup yet.

Robert

On 10/29/07, zubeydah at northkeep.org <zubeydah at northkeep.org> wrote:

> Howdy, Bards!
>
> At the suggestion of Duchess Willow at Samhain yesterday, I've joined the
> list,
> to ask about a project near and dear to my heart...
>
> I've been collecting stories at the last couple events I've attended,
> utilizing
> a little digital recorder. I've also been recording courts and songs and
> musicians.
>
> Duchess Willow mentioned that this was a project that a variety of folks
> in the
> Bardic community were also thinking about / already undertaking. I skimmed
> the
> last few months worth of posts, but didn't see anything with a thread
> title
> directly related to this idea.
>
> So my questions are these:
>
> - What file format are folks using?
> - Is there a central repository organized for such files?
> - I'm planning on also transcribing the stories, so that those who are
> deaf can
> still enjoy them, and to also help out those with small bandwidth (reading
> a .txt file being easier to handle than downloading a .wav) Are others
> doing
> this as well?
> - is this a Bardic Group Project, or is this an 'individual' project? If a
> Group project, who is the lead person?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Zubeydah Jamilla al-Badawiyyah
> archivish HBI nerd

"If you haven't found something strange during the day, it hasn't been much
of a day."     John A. Wheeler

Fitzmorgan at gmail.com
Yahoo IM: robert_fitzmorgan