[Bards] Recording project

John Gillin bonz6x at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 29 20:02:54 PDT 2007

Well thanx for the heads up there Petey Boy... I am sure we all feel better now knowing either you can't or won't help or be involved... and you "require" that we not post anything on the internet that you do/did or will do. Jeesh.. that really furthers the proposed potential project now don't it?  I suppose (and surmise) you and your (other peoples copyrighted or licensed) stuff will not be included in any mixes that may ever happen,  within this proposed and potential situation.  Like I mentioned in the first message, there are many cases where sticky legal wickets create the tangled web, which  prevent people from doing what they actually wanna do, on threat of suit... LOL!

  Anywayz The purpose of this "idea" in then end,  is to accomplish something of lasting value... and to spread out for the entire Known World to hear and enjoy via the internet or hard copy Cds.

  so Petey Ol chap... Guess you will just have to continue to WOW the populace assembled, as usual in your live performance role at events and such... with no (digital) record of it for posterity except the legends passed down by word of mouth (as in days of old, as in "period") by your fans, after you are dead and gone from the SCA (as will we all be someday)... Maybe future Bards will sing songs about your songs... LOL!

  SO... is there anyone else out there that wants us all to know that they cannot or will not participate, or prohibited for some reason? Might as well get that out of the way now... so we can move on to hear from the folks who actually Can and or DO want to participate...

  Yeah..  I said all that (above), ... So anyone wondering how much more direct and to the point I can be?

  OH... and  do not want anyone to think that by posting the first (reply) post in this thread... that I have or had any intention of heading up such a project... NOPE! Not interested in that... I have no Pelican DNA in me at all... I  am an old, rode hard, put away wet, brain dead stick jock who occassionally sings and plays around a fire while drinkin and comparing bruises with other fellow brain dead stick jocks at wars.

  This mission (should you choose to accept it) and this overall project does need an organized, stewarding type and a couple deputies... to herd the cats that will show up (eventually) to sing songs and play music and tell stories.

  All I offered  was a response to Zub's inquiry... and some assistance in the recording, and playing these (as yet) unknown original tunes... and I expressed/related some personal experience which may be applicable and useful to others.

  best regards...
  Wylfred

Peter Schorn <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:
  You may record me as much as you like for your own purposes, but I'm afraid
I must require that you NOT post any such recordings to the Internet.
There's no telling where they'll end up, and besides, a lot of the material
I do is copyrighted to other people.

I must be quite firm on that point. Thank you.

--cadfan

http://mail.yahoo.com