[Bards] Ansteorran History - Recorded

Alden Drake alden_drake at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 30 10:50:12 PDT 2007

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin wrote:
> Excellently stated, Robert.
>
> I would add only that what you have said applies not only to Kingdom
> history, but the history of our individual groups as well.  It is a shame
> for someone new to join a Barony, Shire, Canton or College, and be unable
> to discover the roots of that group, why it came into being, and the
> triumphs and tragedies that make it what it is.  If we forget our history,
> we have no past and no roots, and are thereby weaker than we should be.
>
> Padraig Ruad O'Maolagain

While history is certainly a part of bardcraft, let's not forget we have
historians in our kingdom as well.  Mistress Annes is our Kingdom
Historian, and she is always looking for people to help record and
remember our kingdom's history.  I'm sure she would be grateful for
copies of recordings or written accounts that bards collect.

Alden