[Bards] Differing Styles

Pádraig Ruad Ó Maolagáin padraig_ruad at irishbard.org
Tue Oct 2 12:47:29 PDT 2007

While I prefer singing, I don't mind having to use different styles of
performance during a competition.  As a bard, my goals are to entertain
and to bring forth emotion in my audience, and I think that can be
accomplished equally well with song, story or poem.  Practicing each style
helps to strengthen the others; singing and reciting poetry help in the
development of cadence and rhythm, storytelling helps the development of
emoting and projection, all require the use of timing, gestures and facial
expression to enhance the piece you are presenting.  As in any other
endeavor, if we do not grow and stretch as bards, we tend to stagnate,
which is never a good thing.

Padraig
--
Nunc est bibendum.