[Bards] Differing Styles

Esther reese_esther at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 13:25:24 PDT 2007

If all you see of the reader is a piece of paper, I would say the reader is doing it wrong. But that's just me.

Anyone see Patrick's Stewart's One Man show of A Christmas Carol?

Emma (Esther)

Pat Mullins <paedrics at yahoo.com> wrote:
  I once lost a bardic competition (I've lost a lot of bardic competitions) to the combination Robin mentioned earlier - sappy French love song, sappy French love poem - both performed from behind a piece of paper. Very period pieces, fairly well done for a talking piece of paper. Actually, the paper sang beautifully! My funny, entertaining, original, but *not* period pieces never had a chance.
Paedric

Esther <reese_esther at yahoo.com> wrote:    You know, a style I enjoy, and which is appropriate to later period, is actually reading a text. Ladies did it for their ladies all the time. It's definitely a skill, and it can be very entertaining.

  I can even document it.

  But I doubt it would be accepted in any competition. Which really has nothing to do with anything, but this is a great conversation, so I thought I'd whack it with my own scarlett herring.

  Emma (Esther)

SNIP