[Bards] Differing Styles

Pat Mullins paedrics at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 14:09:21 PDT 2007

Wow! I was expecting some flame for this:

Pat Mullins <paedrics at yahoo.com> wrote:
Finally, this may be my personal bias as a non-singer, but it seems to me that in  best piece or any style competitions, a great singer will usually, if not always, beat a great storyteller or poet, all other things being equal. Is a performer who can sing three songs very well a better bard than a performer who can perform a piece of Beowulf from memory, part of Shakespeare's Henry V, and a No S**T There I Was story, all done well?
but I couldn't even get a spark. Maybe its not just MY perception...
It's interesting that the ones complaining about differing styles are the SINGERS!
Leave some competitions for the rest of us, will ya!
Paedric
Just trying to agitate, now.
I've got  my asbestos skivvies on!