[Bards] CDs

Brigdon, Floyd brigdon at tvcc.edu
Sat Sep 15 15:57:08 PDT 2007

     Ester (Emma?),

     What a great topic! I can't wait to see what others recommend. (I am already going to have to go look for Golden Bough.... I haven't run across them yet.)

    There are SO many I could recommend, but I will stick to just a few...
     Though Queen's Gambit is not an SCA oriented group, per se, a lot of their music certainly fits. Two of my favorites of theirs are:
     Pawn to King Four (which includes "Threes", my favorite Leslie Fish song...)
     http://cdbaby.com/cd/queensgambit3

     En Passant (which features more traditional Irish music)
     http://cdbaby.com/cd/queensgambit5

     Another great group (with a silly name) is Burlap Lute, which put together a GREAT CD:
     http://cdbaby.com/cd/burlaplute

     Roger Landes has put together a couple of wonderful CDs, as well: Janissary Stomp and Dragon Reels. (He has a third out too, House to House, but I have not heard it yet). You can find ordering info for all his CDs at http://www.rogerlandes.com/recordings.html

     And last but not least, a CD from a personal hero of mine, Frank Blair. Evergreen is one of the most listened-to CDs that I own:
     http://cdbaby.com/cd/frankblair

     As far as other groups go: Blind Old Dogs, Dervish, and Planxty are all worth a listen... Blackmore's Night too (for more of a mainstreamed feeling).

     Hope some of these are to your liking. Let me know what you think, if you get the chance to check some of them out.

     Milo Le Roux