[Bards] FW: [Ayreton] Musical Instrument

Genie Barrett ladymaggie at justinanimator.com
Tue Sep 18 19:59:52 PDT 2007

Hello,  You touched a deep love here....

According to Curt Sachs' "The History of Musical Instruments",  there
are struck zithers that date to 200 BC and before.  These are from
China and other Eastern countries.  There are also Dulcimers and
Psalteries that are also period, but they are struck (with hammer
like instruments) and plucked respectively.  I could not find any
indication of bowed zithers before those mentioned by Master Robin.

Thanks for the chance to do a bit of reading...  Found some fun stuff.

Maggie