[Bards] The Badge of the Bards of Ansteorra (old College of Bards badge)

Jay Rudin rudin at ev1.net
Mon Sep 24 14:04:18 PDT 2007

Many years ago, the Queen's College of Bards registered the badge "Or, a
mullet of five greater and five lesser points within the frame of an Irish
harp sable."  It's great armory, and clearly says both Ansteorran and Bard.

Since the College no longer exists as an active entity, many of the old
officers of the College, from Duchess Willow de Wisp, first Principal of
the College, to Mistress Jalali of Salamis, last Principal of the College,
and including Master Cadfan ap Morgan, one-time Principal and designer of
the badge itself, have petitioned to allow the badge to be used by all
Ansteorran bards.

The Honorable Lady Druinne de Salisburie, Star Principal Herald, has
informed us that the paper work is completed.  So at Elfsea Defender, in
the Principal Herald's baronial court, it was announced that the College
has given the badge to all Ansteorra bards.

To commemorate the occasion, I brought several mugs with the badge on it
(made by Lord Torquill and Lady Hadassa).  One was given out in court, and
the rest given by me and Duchess Willow at the bardic circle that evening.

All bards: you are now free to use this beautiful armory.

Robin of Gilwell / Jay Rudin