[Bards] CWAZY idea??? (is still Re: CDs)

William Meriic wmeriic at tx.rr.com
Sun Sep 16 07:05:08 PDT 2007

In my home kingdom of Ealdormere Heather Dale did a live recording of a
bardic session entitled "The Bardic Kitchen Party", as performed by The
Ealdormere Bardic College (http://www.amphismusic.com/bards/ and
http://bards.ca).  It was a fantastic compilation of music, poetry, song,
and story recorded in an impromptu and open setting.  When listened one is
transported to a real Ealdormerean bardic circle.  She managed to capture
the pure essence of the bardic circle; the energy, the excitement, and the
camaraderie, on two CDs.

Also, when she had more time, Heather Dale had a record label called
Amphisbaena Music.  She had to shut it down because of an ever increasing
demand from her tour schedule, but showcased many of the SCA's most talented
musicians (technically the label is still active, but currently features
only her).

To support the victims of hurricane Katrina the Renaissance Festival music
podcast in combination with Modern Bard created a compilation CD called the
Circle.  It was a collection of 22 songs from across the Renaissance
Festival world.  http://cdbaby.com/cd/rfpmb/from/celtic/

Then, of course, there is the SCA dance and music archive
(http://sca.uwaterloo.ca/~praetzel/sca-music.html), another proud product of
the Empire of Ealdormere, uh, I mean kingdom.  The dance and music archive
has been populated by dozens of redactionists and historians from throughout
the SCA.  Eric sells CDs that compile the various dance tunes found on the
website.  One will find the CDs in every kingdom as a source of band in the
box music for dance practices.

Will Meriic

  _____