[Bards] Dream? What Dream? Did you see a Dream? I know I didn't!

an angel in black ink angelinblackink at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 20 06:01:46 PDT 2008

Thank you for your kind words, Elanor, it means a lot to me for you to say such things.
  Now, Svetlana, I feel that I must clarify for you.  I’m not wanting to change the way
  people play, I just want them to play.  You see, I’ve stumbled upon Laurel camps filled
   with people talking about their mundane jobs and such and been so turned away from
   the dream that I had to leave and return to my own.  Their mundaneness then trickled
   down into our humble camp via many others where it proceeded to fight us for our own
   suspension of disbelief.  We eventually won but my point is that we need to pay
   attention to what we’re doing or we might ruin it for others.  Also, there have been a
   load of people bringing the mundane into our game *cough* ‘mod squad’ *cough*
   which ruins it for many people who don’t give a damn about why they’re mad at
  so-and-so.  The politics are getting out of hand.  People are getting turned off by the
  vast freakiness of it all.  (example:  “I believe this, but I can’t say it because it’ll tick off
   <insert name(s) here and they’ll make my life a living hell for it.>”)  It’s ridiculous.  Even
   now there are those who will speak privately but do not post their feelings here.

  Yes, there are people who are deep within the Dream and perhaps I am a bit jaded by
   all the silliness, but these people need to share their Dream with those who don’t know.
    I said it in my Work, to be without blame is nearly impossible while being a part of the
  community.  We have a responsibility to see that the next generation of SCAdians know
   what we really are instead of a bunch of NERO nerds squabbling over political crumbs.

  To live the Dream and to help others,

  Xue XianXian, Miscreant at Large