[Bards] Standards

Dan Corley okiewriter at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 08:53:17 PST 2008

Since I scribed a response the first time, Another thought has entered my head (A rare occurance indeed for me to have TWO thoughts). In my bardic efforts, I combine stories, poetry AND I play 3 instruments with which I accompany myself. So if you separate "musicians" from "singers" where does that leave those of us who play a lute or dulcimer to accompany ourselves. And since I also do poetry and stories and have both a song and poem in the Ansteorran War Song Book, would i have to compete in five separate catagories? A singer, a musician, a poet, a storyteller and since i also use attention getting special effects, as an entertainer? The untimate judges of our skill and ability are the members of our audience. Turn no one aside who has the desire and courage to perform whatever they do for the entertainment of those they perform for as long as it is in the spirit of our craft. As I mentioned in my previous missive, the ONLY major bardic event that I won was the very first one I had the courage to enter and I defeated three titled bards. Let all with a voice to sing or speak of our glorious history utter their words or notes so that all may be entertained and enlightened.Ld. Cormac The Black called "Starwalker"

Date: Sun, 6 Jan 2008 11:42:18 -0600From: jhirling at gmail.comTo: bards at lists.ansteorra.orgSubject: [Bards] StandardsGreetings allI would like to have your feedback on two issues:etc.