[Bards] New List

Cynthia Rogers wolfpaws at mac.com
Sun Jan 6 10:19:16 PST 2008

My own thought is that "Performance Arts and Science" means:
A period recreation of a medieval performance venue.
Might be a crowd pleaser, but it doesn't have to be. One is judged
not on the audience's reaction to a broad range of pieces (can you
sing, tell a story, and a poem?) But rather you receive a score on
one finely crafted, carefully practiced piece. And it might be a
group endeavor, like dancing, or polyphany, or a scene from a play--
So it's something that you would enter into an A&S competition rather
than a bardic competition.

--Having said that, perhaps the new list will include that kind of
performance as well as bardic?

Best,
Rhiannon Redwulf