[Bards] Speaking of competitions... GatesEdge's Viking Harvest

Mea Passavanti mea.passavanti at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 10:54:21 PDT 2008

Having written a post earlier this morning about not announcing criteria in
a timely manner; I offer the Following:

Good friends -

I have the honor of hosting the Bardic competition that will be held at The
Viking Harvest the weekend of 9/6.

There will be three rounds with the following outline:

Bout the first:
Judges choice: Please bring the judges three pieces of your choosing. We
will pick a piece from those offered.

Bout the second:
Persona piece: I'm keeping this vague - I know how creative you all are!

Bout the third for the top two competitors:
Best two out of three head to head.

As often happens when I judge, documentation is requested - not required...
with up to an extra 3 pts given to documentation the first 2 rounds.

Also - There is a toy drive in conjunction with a raffle. Those who have
brought toys and have thier raffle ticket will add one additional point to
their round 1 score.

I hope you will come out and join us. I'll have a hospitality table for the
performers, and hope all will enjoy some wonderful entertainment. I know the
event is quite I ways off.... I'll report again as time draws near.

In service,
Mea Passavanti
Bard of GatesEdge