[Bards] An interesting bardic idea...

Jim L Couch jimcouch at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 11:11:02 PDT 2008

M'lady

Disclaimer:  I am new so I dont proclaim to have an angle on SCA related
contest and performance.  A majority of my opinions are mundanely
influenced.

I looked at the same article this morning.  It seems very efficient.  The
article covers many potential problem areas such as forgetting performers
names and/or performance pieces.  I particularly liked the shuffling of the
cards, yet making sure there is variety spread through out the bardic.

As a wanna be.. period pieces scare me.. but I can see that they are
necessary for what we do.  However, I think its important to allow original
work so that the performer can create art that represents him/herself.

Bless
Sæmundr the pure

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Genie Barrett <
ladymaggie at justinanimator.com> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> Found this and thought it had merit.
>
> http://sandradodd.com/ideas/artsci2.html
>
> What do you think?  And, which formats for bardic competitions interest you
> all most?
>
> Also, I'm curious, what are your feelings about competitions that
> require... period pieces, original pieces, different styles, written on
> demand pieces, etc.?
>
> Maggie

God is a scientist, not a magician - Albert Einstein

My life, my hobbies, and pictures at http://jimcouch.googlepages.com/