[Bards] What would you be doing today in persona

Baron Wylfred of Morganvayle bonz6x at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 23 14:51:17 PDT 2008

I would be looking tward the spring planting...

  One has to eat... regardless of what the Church says or thinks.

  I would be looking toward the repairs and the enhancements, repairs to keep the wind and rain out... enhancements as to expansion of the manor house, with thoughts toward whatever suits my fancy for the months coming...

  And I would be hearing the new songs.... in my head...

  I would be dreaming aloud...

  I would say, " Make do"... and then also, "Make haste"...

  I would pour a long tall draught of whatever remnant of alcohol I had left in the cellar, or in a bottle, jug or container of any sort... to celebrate the return of the Sun, the Rains, the clement times... the Flooods which restore the Land and the time when War seems far away... and Today seems ever present, and the toil of the days to come give way to the toil of days gone by... We live, we laugh, we cry, we remember, those who have passed before us... and Christ in His Glory and dutiful pagent. A Day which we all take notice, each Springtime... and then go about our merry way... and live the rest of our lives.

  It has been a long cold Winter... and Spring has sprung...

  "And a day came upon me when a Robin did sing...
  And a Hawk did fly to announce the Spring...
  And a moment creep into the moments gone by...
  When a Robin did sing and a Hawk did fly..."

  Verily, verily I say unto you...
  A moment shall come and whisper to you...
  And when she arrives... in her Glory and spits in your palm...
  She wil give you a moment of Peace and Calm...

  And the moment at hand will...
  Refresh  the Glen Nod...
  The people who never existed , Et Non...

  Tura-lee, Tur-rah-lee... gentles all..

  Tur-rah-lee... gentles refrain...

  Tur-rah-lee, Tur-rah-lee... gentles... one, and all...

  Tis a time to rejoice and a time to let... the Robins and the Hawks call...

  The Rains come now to us... the Budding Leaves of Spring...
  Let the soil be broken and tillin' begin...
  Put your crops in the ground when the Moon says tis time...
  And I will tell you a tale of a harvest in Time...

  (instrumental interlude...)

  And the fullness will give you
  Another moment in Time."

  Sorry... I just hear this in my head...

  The rest is a Mystery....

  Laterz
  Baron Wylfred of MorganVayle ... who now plants...

  Hasta la Bye Bye.

"willowjonbardc at juno.com" <willowjonbardc at juno.com> wrote:
  Happy Easter
What would your persona be doing today?

I would tell you my persona would wake up hungry. As a good Scottish girl of the backwoods who raised cattle and had a priest from Ireland we didn't pay much attention to Lent but since I have come France we have had to pay a lot attention to it. I am hosting the Papal legate over the Cather situation so we have had to be especially dutiful about lent. No "barnacle" goose. What I find hardest is the no dairy. I love butter.

I have been working with the staff and I plan to make this a wonderful Easter feast. My cook has come up with a wonderful joke. Traditionally the first course is a red herring which after forty days of fish most people don't eat. My cook has made a subtlety. It looks like fish but is really venison with a wonderful sauce. I think my guests will be surprised.

I have been housing a goodly number of Pope Innocent's fighters this Lent and HL Roger Redhand has bought many of the foreign Hospitaliters to our area. Luckily the the fishing was good but we were unable to send much to Paris.

I gave the Knights and Ladies their new clothes yesterday and they passed down clothes so everyone including the pig boys are all in clean new , for them, clothes. I was worried about the washing because we had winter for long time this year and the sun just would not come out.

With the "Truce Of God" ending I am sure fighting will start again tomorrow. The Chapel on the edge of my vineyards is finish and the monk should be working in the field. They are my human fence between the fighters Pope Innocent has recruited for his Cather crusade and my vineyards. I pray to God that this will work.

Well dear friend please write me and tell me what your persona is doing on this great day when as my Herald put it "Christ has been enhanced."

Duchess Willow de Wisp