[Bards] Eisteddfod

John Hirling jhirling at gmail.com
Mon Sep 22 07:16:19 PDT 2008

Hi folks

The decision concerning location for Eisteddfod will not be finalized until
October 1st. The first offering will be the piece you consider your best.
It is highly likely that I will require a documented period piece or a
documented original piece in a period style (I'll provide an outline for the
documentation I desire in the next few days).  That can, of course, be your
best piece.  It is also highly likely that I will require your choice of a
SCA or Ansteorran piece.  How the rounds will run will depend on the number
on entries.

By the way, another interesting factoid about the Eisteddfod held annually
in Wales is that it includes an entire day of dancing.

~ihon
Premier Bard

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 8:13 PM, Emma Haldan <emma.haldan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Given circumstances, however, I'm willing to wait for Master Ihon to be
> able
> to answer, simply grateful that he is able to!
>
> Esther / Emma
>
> On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Peter Schorn <peterschorn at pdq.net> wrote:
>
> > Dear Lady Esther,
> >
> > I agree: I am very curious as to where Kingdom Eisteddfod will be held.
> > would also like to know if any rules have been promulgated for the
> upcoming
> > Eisteddfod.  I would even like to attend the Eisteddfod, circumstance
> > permitting.
> >
> > Fun Fact: did you know it's actually pronounced Eyes-DEATH-vohd?  The
> > double-d is pronounced "th" in Welsh. Incredible--but TRUE!
> >
> > --Cadfan

" The heart of the human problem is the heart of the human." Max Lucado