[Bards] Seeking Musicians for Shadowlands Fall Ball Take II: Ball List Included

Sarah Diane Gray sarah.gray.88 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 18:17:45 PST 2009

Calling all musicians!

Come play at Shadowlands' Fall Ball Take II!  The dance list is below,
with some notes so that you can be sure that you are practicing the
correct version of the piece.  I have already talked to the dance
mistress about the list, and these notes reflect that conversation.  I
plan to have a time to go over these pieces at the event before the
ball, so if there is something you are unsure about, we can address it
then.

If you plan to come to the event, please let me know so that I can
arrange space for you and take you into consideration for different
parts.  If you know you don't have a piece of music, let me know and I
can either e-mail you a copy and/or make sure I have copies available at
the event.

Please forward this e-mail if you know of a group that might be
interested that I haven't sent to already.  Thanks!

-Lady Brigid Cunningham
Shadowlands MOAS / Music Guild Head

Key:
* = musicians in a box, don't need to practice
^ = not in Master Avatar's dance book (3rd edition)

Set 1:
^Nika Nika
Half Hannikin
Gathering Peascods
Heart’s Ease: Am version
Rufty Tufty

Set 2:
Black Nag: Am version
Juice of Barley
*Trenchmore
Picking of Sticks: Ax17 variant
Black Alman: Dm version

*Bransle Suite (Bransle Off)

Set 3:
Horse’s Bransle
Pease Bransle
Washerwoman’s Bransle: Gm version
Official Bransle
Montarde Bransle: 6 person (long) variant

Set 4:
Jenny Pluck Pears: Am version
^Salterello II: this is in Vol 1 of Avatar's "Medieval Songs and Dances"
book
Whirligig: can practice this one from Avatar's book, but I have a
slightly different arrangement using his parts that fits better to the
dance;
                    this arrangement is what we will be using; e-mail
for copy if you want it, copies will also be available at event
If All the World were Paper: Ax12 variant ('A' part only)
^Amoroso: this is in 4th ed of Avatar's dance book, but it's a different
variant of we'll be using at the event

Set 5:
Rostiboli Gioioso
Petit Vriens