[Bards] FW: [NCB] Bardic Madness: scheduled at last!

Kihe Blackeagle kihebard at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:00:20 PST 2009

for consideration in making your summer plans . . . Adieu, Amra / ttfn - Mike / Pax ... Kihe  Mike C. Baker / Kihe Blackeagle Opinions? I'm FULL of 'em SCA: al-Sayyid Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra, F.O.B, OSCA "Other": Reverend Kihe Blackeagle PULC (the DreamSinger Bard) alt. e-mail: KiheBard at hotmail.com Buy my writings!: http://www.lulu.com/WizardsDen http://www.livejournal.com/users/kihebard/ > Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:46:51 -0800> From: jennifer-friedman at sbcglobal.net> To: ncb at northshield.org; ns-choir at northshield.org; northshield at northshield.org; jarachoir at yahoogroups.com; photobynicole at gmail.com; pbardic at minstrel.com> Subject: [NCB] Bardic Madness: scheduled at last!> > (Feel free to forward as desired.)> > Greetings unto all bards, poets, scribblers, singers, actors, jugglers, jesters, musicians, fools, scops, skalds, and friends thereunto,> > With joy, I take pen in hand to invite one and all to Bardic Madness XIX on the cusp of summer (June 20, 2009), hosted by the Shire of Border Downs in Sioux Falls, SD. A day of the merriment of the muses awaits you: bardic challenges to showcase your best and sharpen your wit, classes to deepen your knowledge, and a delicious Lunch and Feast. Court will be held at the whim of Their Majesties.> > The theme this year is LETTERS: the letters of the alphabet, epistolary works, illuminated letters, the learning of one's letters, etc., and many challenges will follow those themes. Challenges will be publicized in time for participants to work on their responses.> > Bardic Madness is a bardic safe zone: a chance to come and hear others perform, try something new, and be part of the bardic community. Challenges are not competitions--you win by participating, and by being there to support the performers!>  > More information (not much, but more soon including a full webpage) to be found at: http://www.northshield.org/Events/EventAd.aspx?ID=536> > Until we meet in Border Downs, may music spring forth in your heart!> > Your Provost and Autocrat, > > Eliane Halevy and Gaia Aurelia>  > p.s. Our contact information:> The Provost, for questions about the day's challenges, classes, or bardic activities:> Mistress Eliane Halevy, mka Jennifer Friedman, jennifer-friedman at sbcglobal.net , 608-238-7627> The Autocrat, for questions about the site, the feast, fees, and other logistical matters:> Lady Gaia Aurelia, mka Nicole Thompson, photobynicole at gmail.com , 605-941-0646> > >  Eliane Halevy, OL> Barony of Jararvellir, Kingdom of Northshield> Provost, Bardic Madness XIX, Shire of Border Downs, 6/20/09> Jennifer Friedman, 2010 Allen Blvd. #1, Middleton, WI 53562> (608) 238-7627, jennifer-friedman at sbcglobal.net, www.gflower.org