[Bards] The lesson is in the failure...

willowjonbardc at juno.com willowjonbardc at juno.com
Sun Jan 18 23:12:51 PST 2009

I really like to go to a good bardic revel . I have never strived to win competitions. In fact I had not entered one until I was on circuit to get my Laurel and one of the things the Laurels gave me as feedback was the question.
How could I judge people in competition if I hadn't experience competitions? That seemed a valid question so I entered the Steppes Bardic championship. I won but I have never been happy with my performance.
I am always working to improve my performances. I want to be able to built magic in a parking lot with electric lights in my mundanes. I want to be able to take people to another place and time. This level is a lot higher than most contest. Often we win contests not because we were great but because for one reason or another the other people were not doing their best.
Some  of my favorite performances I have every done were when I came in second or even fifth but I lost to people being great. I really enjoyed those performances.
Willow