[Bards] Requirements for the Bard of Elfsea Competition

eleanor cleavely whiteoakbard at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 19:54:52 PDT 2009

Unto the Bards of Elfsea do I, Lady Eleanor Cleavely, send humble and
heartfelt greetings on this cool spring eve.

My brothers and sisters in song:

Below, please find the bardic competition format for the Elfsea Title
Bard competition this summer:

1. Bards must memorize and perform a story/song/poem from any culture
that was composed between 600 & 1600 CE and provide documentation that
the piece is period. Documentation may be oral or written and may be
included in the introduction of the piece.

2. Bards must memorize and perform a piece (either an excerpt or
complete) from Geoffrey Chaucer's "The Canterbury Tales". Examples
would be the Nun Prioress' Tale, the Pardoner's tale, the Knight's
tale, etc. Documentation may be oral or written and may be included in
the introduction of the piece.

3. Bards must memorize and perform a piece that is considered their
best piece. Ideally, the piece should be in a period style.
Documentation is favored, but not required.

Those Bards wishing to compete must be prepared to perform all three
pieces for the competition, even though they may not need all three.
Those competing MUST meet ALL requirements with regards to their
pieces in order to be considered for Bard of Elfsea. All pieces MUST
be memorized.

Ever your humble servant and friend,
Eleanor Cleavely
Bard of Elfsea
Descendant of the White Oak
--
"Mine honor is my life; both grow in one;
take honor from me and my life is done."

Ego existo obstinantus - I am resolved

Reluctor ultum , pareo parum - Resist much, obey little