[Bards] Invitation to the Steppes Bard competition

ld_tadhg at sbcglobal.net ld_tadhg at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 15 10:34:10 PDT 2009

Greetings, one and all.

Do you have a story to tell? Do you have a song to sing? How about two?

Don't be shy! Bring them to Steppes Warlord. Come join the bards of Ansteorra and vie to be the next Bard of the Steppes.

The competition will be the two-round format used last year (kudos to Lord Yagyu):
   First round: One of your two best pieces
Four advance -- one chosen by the populace, one by the competing bards, one by the current Steppes Bard (me), and one by H.E. Katheryn.
Final round: Second of your two best pieces
There can be only one Bard of the Steppes!
The competition will begin soon after Saturday evening court...just follow me or Her Excellency Steppes to the torchlight.
Even if you do not wish to compete, please join us. The assembled populace will be asked to choose one of the finalists! So we need your help, too.
Bring your stories...Bring your songs...Most of all, bring yourselves!
Swift travel and safe journeys to you all,
Tadhg macAedain uiConchobhair
Bard of the Steppes